Skip to main content

Orlando nightclub shooting: at least fifty people killed!

The gunman behind a suspected terrorist attack that
killed 50 people at an LGBT nightclub in Orlando is
believed to be a US citizen of Afghan heritage named
as Omar Mateen, a 29-year-old man from Florida.
He is alleged to have opened fire at the Pulse Club in
the early hours of Sunday, taking hostages, killing
many and hospitalising 53. Raising the alarm in the
early hours of Sunday morning, staff at the venue
posted on Facebook: “Everyone get out of pulse and
keep running”. .
Orlando confirmed police said the shooting was being
treated as an “act of domestic terrorism” and had
resulted in mass casualties, urging people to stay away
from the area.
Several news outlets identified the gunman as Omar
Mateen, a 29-year-old from Fort Pierce, Florida. The
FBI said it had a “positive identification” of the shooter
though it has not yet released a name as it is in the
process of notifying his family.

The gunman was killed during a shootout with police,
as they broke into the nightclub to rescue 30 people
held hostage there. No motive for the attack has been
offered by police. The Guardian has not been able to
independently verify the identity of the shooter.
More on this topic
Florida nightclub shooting: police say about 20 killed
in 'act of terror' – rolling updates
Police initially said about 20 people had been killed in
the attack, with 42 injured, but later revised the death
toll up to 50, with 53 hospitalised, including one police
officer who had been shot in the head but whose “life
had been saved by his Kevlar helmet”. They confirmed
the gunman was armed with an assault rifle, handgun
and “some kind of device”.
In a press conference on Sunday morning, an FBI
spokesman said investigators believed the attacker may
have had extremist beliefs, and would consider
possible links to Isis, but cautioned they were pursuing
multiple leads.
An explosion was heard at the club at about 5am local
time, which police said was a “distractionary device”
used as part of the rescue mission to get to the
hostages. The explosion caused some panic on the
ground, which led to Orlando police tweeting to say it
had been a “controlled explosion” and warning media
about reporting inaccuracies.
Police confirmed the incident began at 2am when the
gunman started firing and an officer on duty at the
club exchanged shots with him. They said it then
descended into a “hostage situation”. The situation was
resolved three hours later when a Swat team stormed
the nightclub after receiving messages from club
patrons who were hiding in the club while the
gunman was still at large.
“A little after 0500 hours we made a decision to go in
and conduct a rescue, we were being contacted by
people in the bathroom, about 15 people, our biggest
concern was future loss of life,” said John Mina, the
chief of police.
Several explosives and an armoured vehicle were used
to break through a wall of the nightclub and rescue
approximately 30 hostages. The suspect was shot by a
police officer during this intervention.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Did they just threatened the United States...Find out who?

North Korea...yep, I repeat North Korea, as new warning message circulates around the world where the DPRK boys sternly warned the Washington gods to back off their territory or face the wrath...This North Korea Sef! Pyongyang's state-controlled news agency KCNA said Tuesday the United States and Japan launched a "criminal joint nuclear attack training exercise" in May, citing the presence of B-52 Stratofortress bombers near South Korea in June. The United States is set on "maximizing" the risk of nuclear war on the Korean peninsula and therefore is in no position to advocate denuclearization, Pyongyang said. In an article published Saturday in the Workers' Party Rodong Sinmun, North Korea said, "Even if our sovereignty and right to exist are interfered with at the slightest, we will turn the U.S. imperialist military bases into seas of fire." North Korea propaganda outlet DPRK Today has also uploaded videos of medium-range ballistic mi...

Did he shot this man...Find out below.

 Police in South Florida shot an unarmed caretaker who had his hands in the air as he explained he was a medical professional caring for an autistic man outside a group home, newly released cellphone video shows. Charles Kinsey, 47, is seen lying on his back with his arms up and telling police he is a behavioral therapist in the video. A man, later identified as a 24-year-old autistic patient from the assisted living facility where Kinsey works, is seen sitting near him cross-legged, at times shouting. Advertisement Kinsey was shot at least once in the leg. The incident unfolded on Monday, when police answered the call near the group home where Kinsey works and the autistic man lives. Police received reports of a suicidal man with a weapon. In the video, the autistic man can be seen holding a small white object that Kinsey identified as a toy truck. Kinsey can be heard telling police, "All he has is a toy truck, a toy truck. I am a behavior therapist at a group home....

Dickson Iroegbu Writes Apology Letter To Fmr.President Of Nigeria

  Last Updated: 1 hours ago Nollywood movie producer, Dickson Iroegbu has come out publicly to ask former President Good luck Jonathan to forgive him and others for ganging up against his government when he attempted to remove oil subsidy. He says in his open letter "Dear Dr. Good luck Ebele Jonathan, I write to apologize on behalf of myself and the many repentant Nigerians like me who ganged up against your government in 2012. Your government's policy to remove subsidy on the Premium Motor Spirit (PMS), popularly known as patrol was completely misconstrued by us." He reveals "I was personally deceived by my overzealous comradely towards millions of Nigerians who had travelled to various locations at that time to spend Christmas with their loved ones. I was particularly concerned about NDIIGBO who traditionally returned home in droves during this period every year." He added "Sir, like millions of Nigerians I worked for your...