Skip to main content

Suicide bomb-blast rocks three cities in Saudi Arabia...Video going Viral!

Click to expand

 Suicide bombers struck three cities across Saudi Arabia on Monday, in an apparently coordinated campaign of attacks as Saudis prepared to break their fast on the penultimate day of the holy month of Ramadan.

The explosions targeting U.S. diplomats, Shi'ite worshippers and a security headquarters at a mosque in the holy city of Medina follow days of mass killings claimed by the Islamic State group, in Turkey, Bangladesh and Iraq. The attacks all seem to have been timed to coincide with the approach of Eid al-Fitr, the holiday that celebrates the end of the fast.

A Saudi security official said an attacker parked a car near the U.S. consulate in Jeddah before detonating the device. The official said the government was checking the reports of blasts in Qatif and Medina.

 

In the only one of the three attacks that appeared to have caused many casualties, a suicide bomber detonated a bomb near the security headquarters of the Prophet's Mosque in Medina, the second-holiest site in Islam.

Saudi-owned al-Arabiya television said an initial death toll from the Medina blast included three suicide bombers and two security forces officers.

A video sent to Reuters by a witness to the aftermath of the Medina bombing showed a large blaze among parked cars in the fading evening light, with a sound of sirens in the background. A picture sent to Reuters showed a burnt and bleeding man lying on a stretcher in a hospital.

Other pictures circulating on social media showed dark smoke billowing from flames near the Mosque of the Prophet, originally built in the 7th century by the Prophet Muhammad, who is buried there along with his first two successors.

In Qatif, an eastern city that is home to many members of the Shi'ite minority, at least one and possibly two explosions struck near a Shi'ite mosque.

Witnesses described body parts, apparently of a suicide bomber, in the aftermath.

A resident of the city reached by telephone said there were believed to be no casualties there apart from the attacker, as worshippers had already gone home to break their fasts. Civil defence forces were cleaning up the area and police were investigating, the resident said.

A video circulating on social media and purporting to show the aftermath of a Qatif blast showed an agitated crowd on a street, with a fire raging near a building, and a bloody body part lying on the ground. Reuters could not immediately verify the video.

Hours earlier a suicide bomber was killed and two people were wounded in a blast near the U.S. consulate in the kingdom's second city Jeddah.

The Jeddah blast was the first bombing in years to attempt to target foreigners in the kingdom. There was no immediate claim of responsibility.

Islamic State has carried out a series of bombing and shooting attacks in Saudi Arabia since mid-2014 that have killed scores of people, mostly members of the Shi'ite Muslim minority and security services.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tesla floats past stranded cars in flooded tunnel

A Tesla driver floats past stranded cars in a flooded tunnel in Kazakhstan. Screenshot: Scornful             ALMATY, Kazakhstan, June 21 (UPI) -- A Tesla owner in Kazakhstan showed off his car's ability to traverse a flooded tunnel and the video caught the attention of CEO Elon Musk . Sanzhar Altayev posted a video to YouTube showing what happened when he drove his Tesla Model S through a flooded tunnel filled with stalled and stranded cars. Altayev's car begins to float and is able to make it to the other side of the flood, where it drives away on dry land. "When Tesla enters flooded tunnel it starts to float! Any weather is grace with Tesla! Shame to sceptics!" Altayev wrote. The video caught the attention of Tesla Motors CEO Elon Musk, who confirmed the car's capabilities.   "We *def* don't recommended this, but Model S floats well enough to turn it into a boat for short periods of time. Thru...

Lil Kesh talks about the selfishness lingering in the entertainment industry

Last Updated: 1 hour ago Popular rapper Lil Kesh who just floated his own record label, Yaqi Records, has just spilled his mind about the frequent issues artiste faces with Record labels. In recent times, it has been discovered that some artiste gets in trouble with their Record Labels due to the nature of contract signed. The drama between both parties often ends up in a law suit or court injunctions restricting them from performing. In a recent interview with Rubin Mind, the rapper disclosed that record labels are selfish, all they want to do is make money from an artiste, and they end up giving an artiste a contract that only favours the label, and when there is a breach, they start to sue the artiste. He further disclosed that YBNL is different, because Olamide is a unique individual who is selfless. In his words: “No label will pick a random boy to invest in him to make the world a better place, they give crappy contract and percentage to artis...

Watch Baby raccoon been helped by parents to climb the fence.

 A man captured video of a pair of raccoons working together to help a baby raccoon scale a concrete wall. The two raccoons formed a chain to reach down to the ground and grab the raccoon before helping to carry the baby over the wall. Screen capture/Koksal Akin/Twitter WASHINGTON, June 21 (UPI) -- A pair of clever raccoons worked together to help a struggling baby climb over a cement barricade. Koksal Akin shared video of the helpful raccoons as they held each other by the feet to create a chain in order to help the baby over the wall.